ZEFYS > Publication Countries
 

Angern an der March

Amtspresse Preußens (fulltext):

Angern an der March
Angern an der March is a market town in the district of Gänserndorf in the Austrian state of Lower Austria. The municipality consists of the Katastralgemeinden Angern, Grub, Mannersdorf, Ollersdorf and Stillfried. Angern is situated in the Weinviertel region, within the northern Marchfeld basin of the Morava river, about 40 kilometers (25 mi) northeast of Vienna. The river forms the border with the village of Záhorská Ves in Slovakia, it is crossed by a small car ferry while plans for rebuilding a former bridge are currently under discussion. The settlement of Anger in the Duchy of Austria was first mentioned in 1260 deed and already referred to as a market town in 1495, a title that it again received in 1970. The Baroque St Roch Chapel at Mannersdorf was built in 1635. Anger Castle was finally demolished in World War II. The area is the site of several vineyards.

Website: http://www.angern.at

Countries/Places :



Notice: For data enrichment ZEFYS utilises database entries coming from freely available Internet-Sources (like Wikipedia, dbpedia, etc.) Please note, that these texts and documents are in the only responsibility of the respective supplier. In particular, the Berlin State Library is not able to fix broken hyperlinks within these texts or documents - we apologize for any inconvenience.