The Newspaper Information System (ZEitungsinFormationssYStem, ZEFYS) of the Berlin State Library (SBB) offers a comfortable and user-friendly access to the largest and most extensive newspaper holdings of German collections available in digitized form.
Among the numerous historical newspapers you will find issues of the
- Amtspresse Preußen with the "Provinzial-Correspondenz" (PC, issues 1863-1884), the "Neueste Mittheilungen" (NM) (1882-1894) and the "Teltower Kreisblatt" (TK, 1856-1896) as an example for a county paper;
- "Vossische Zeitung" (1918-1934), cooperative project with the de Gruyter publishing house.
In projects funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), these newspapers were digitized and are freely available and searchable in the newspaper portal ZEFYS.
Three newspapers of the GDR press were digitized and made accessible in full text, also funded by the DFG:
- Neues Deutschland [ND] (April 23, 1946 - October 3, 1990).
- Berliner Zeitung [BZ] (May 21, 1945 - December 31, 1993)
- Neue Zeit [NZ] (July 22, 1945 - July 5, 1994).
In ZEFYS, the newspapers of the GDR press are made available subject to registration.
For many years, the SBB has offered interested parties and users of newspaper microfilms the possibility of having the microforms digitized, indexed and made available to the user as a CD or DVD for a fee. These newspaper digitized files are now also available for use in ZEFYS.